Eat good diet is prime necessity of life. It supplies the energy required for the work done and also for growth and reproduction. Poor eating habits make barrier for energy production and nutrition supply. This result can contribute to a wide variety of health and physical problems. So we need eat good diet to get energy and nutrition for healthy and fitness life.
Here is a Ten tips for eat good diet. You should remember to follow these principles when planning meals.
Ten tips for eat good diet
- Eat a variety of foods daily in adequate amounts.This should be including Fruits and Vegetables, Whole grain and enriched breads, cereals, grain products, yogurt, fish and dried beans. Also remember to choose fresh foods over canned, frozen or packaged foods.
- Maintain a desirable weight by choosing low calories foods and high in nutrients. Increase physical activity also essential.
- Avoid too much fat and cholesterol. You can control this using fish and poultry replacing red meat and using vegetable oils replacing animal’s fats.Vegetables oil– Coconut oil, corn oil, palm oil, peanut oil, sunflower oil, Soybean oil….
- Eat adequate starch and fiber. This helps you increase complex carbohydrate consumption. Complex carbohydrate foods rich in other nutrients and it is the major source of energy.Fruits, Vegetables, and whole grains substituting complex carbohydrate.
- Avoid too much sugar. You should reduce your sugar consumption by 40 percent by eating less sugar and fewer high sugar foods. High sugar foods – Soft Drinks, Candies & Nougat, Cookies, Cakes & Pies, Canned Fruits
- Avoid too much sodium- Eating less table salt, less salty foods and substituting other spices for salt. Salty foods -Tomato Sauce, Some cereals, Some Canned Vegetables..
- Alcohol consumption – Alcoholic beverages are high in calories and low in nutrients. Heavy drinkers frequently develop nutritional deficiencies as well as more serious diseases.
- Do not skip meals and always eat at same time. Also keep portion small, with no seconds.
- Eat slowly, savoring each bite. Less food will satisfy you if you chew it well.
- Pay attention to your own body signals. When you feel that you have eaten enough, stop eating.