Food label analysis provide a great deal of information that can help you what you’re getting in the products you buy. Some of the information must be provided to satisfy requirement of the food drug Administration (FDA). Other information may be included at the option of the manufacturer. This is a list of the information most often found on food labels.
Food label analysis list
- The net contents or net weight – The net weight on canned food includes the liquid, Ex Water in a can vegetables
- The name and place of business of the manufactured, packer, or distributor
- The ingredients- The ingredients must be listed descending order of weight
- Additives – Any additives used in product must be listed, but no color and flavor do not listed by name.
- The nutritional content – Under FDA regulation, any food that claims to provide nutrients, or that has a nutrients added to it. Must have the nutritional content listed. Ex – how much protein, carbohydrates and fat. It also present recommendation of daily allowance of protein and seven vitamins and mineral
- Date – Date help to obtain fresh foods. Many manufacturers date their products
Download Food label analysis FDA Guideline – Click here