Get Healthy Again: 5 Ways To Create A Healthier Life
So you want to get healthy but, you don’t know where to start right? Or you’re busy and you don’t feel like taken your time to find out new things and yet you know you should be keeping tab on your calories, your weight, exercising and taking better care of yourself.
You hear about healthier living all the time on TV, internet, friends and family. You feel the urge deep inside you to change your habits. But how should you begin this seemingly daunting task? It’s easy to become discouraged even before you begin. Change of any kind seems like a big deal.
But the truth is that it can be quite simple. Your mind is your most powerful asset in helping you get healthy again. Good health begins in your head.
All plans, negative or positive, begin in the mind. Personal change begins with an idea. If you cultivate the idea of health in your mind and you will find that your actions will automatically follow suit. Ask yourself: What does becoming healthier look like to you? What are the rewards? Instead of thinking that getting healthier is a problem; look at getting healthier as a solution instead.
You may disregard how powerful your thoughts are and you may think you have to do something get healthy Again. You’re half right. There will be other things to do, but the first thing you need to do in order to begin a healthy lifestyle is to think healthy.
5 Simple ways Get Healthy Again
1) Take a few moments to recognize the beliefs and patterns that are keeping you from acting like a healthy person. Become aware of what your thoughts really are. Think out loud. Once you examine your thought patterns, start reversing them. Instead of grabbing for comfort food, make a new decision and take a walk instead. You know the things you are supposed to do, you just have to interrupt your automatic patterns and take steps in the right direction.
2) Are words poisoning your thoughts? Are you talking to yourself, or is someone else talking to you, in negative ways? Are the words you hear, think and say about yourself downbeat and depressing? You can change that instantly. Tell yourself, and others, if necessary, that you’re only going to hear and say uplifting things about yourself. Talk UP not DOWN and you’ll quickly see what that simple change can do. This is absolutely one of the most powerful things you can do to effect change.
3) Have you tried before and failed? Are you afraid the same thing will happen again? Give yourself a break: Let yourself off the hook for a moment and put your failure into context. Examine why you fell off course, allow yourself the slip, and get right back on track. Self-forgiveness is a great asset to cultivate. Be kind and forgiving to yourself and watch how you respond. Self-trust breeds success.
4) Do you give up too soon? Change doesn’t happen overnight. If you get discouraged because results aren’t happening as fast as you would like them to, summon faith. Be confidant that you will succeed. Recall a time when you did succeed at a task, and remember how good you felt. Resurrect your faith in times of self doubt and keep moving forward. Remember what Albert Einstein said, “The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.” Be intelligent. Use your mind.
5) Still don’t know how to begin? Get help. Find a website, buy a tape, a book, or a program that you can use to assist you. Healthy living isn’t rocket science, you can learn some very easy ways to give your body the right nutrition, stay within your budget, explore new ways to eat and have fun at the same time. Join a group of health enthusiasts and allow them to help you along your path. You’ll soon discover that like-minds create a contagious synergy. In no-time you’ll be living the way you want to and then helping others to do the same. Good health begins with a healthy thought.